The Cupboard is open to anyone in Ambler and the surrounding towns we serve. In order to become a client, please call 215-628-3002 to determine if your zip code falls within our service area. Upon verification, please visit us (as a walk-in) on a Monday or Wednesday for an interview between 9:30-11:15 am. Please bring your photo id, along with proof of address and all sources of income for your household. Make sure you sign your name in the book as a new client. Please remember that Cupboard clients are registered by household, not as individuals.
The process for receiving monthly food is as follows:
- Mark your calendar and only come once a month. If you need to come early or have special circumstances, please call in advance.
- Arrive and sign in the food book between 9:30-11:15 on a Monday or Wednesday. The door is locked promptly at 11:15 so please be punctual.
- Sign your client name on the sign in sheet and indicate whether or not you brought bags (if so, hand them to the volunteers at the desk and make sure they are clearly labeled).
- Wait in the waiting room until your name is called. You may shop in the boutique during that time, but make sure the front desk knows your whereabouts. There may be a wait time and there is no way to predict how long your food will take on distribution days.
- Once your name is called, report to the side door by the parking lot and our volunteers will assist with loading food in your car. During warm weather we offer fresh produce and you may select items at this time. Please do not select your produce before your name is called for your order.
- During summer months, you may come on your non serving Monday or Wednesday between 11:30-12 and select from any leftover produce.